Monday, August 25, 2008

My first ride in 2 weeks

It's been a few weeks since I've been able to saddle and ride Brooks. It was a nice cool day at the barn, and I was the only one there. It was great to enjoy the silence and watch the horses be horses out in the field. Brooks felt good although a bit reluctant to work. I've been trying to stretch him after his workout, but he's not a fan. I think I'll keep trying and see if he can get into it. Carrot stretches always seem to work, though somedays I feel like I'm nothing but a walking carrot in his eyes. Looking forward to my lesson this Weds.

1 comment:

Esther Garvi said...

I still have to wait 22 days before I get back to Niger and can ride Arwen! But the great perk is that there now a little filly waiting to accompany us in the bush... :-)