Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grant Writing for Equine Rescue


I have been absent from the blogging world, I apologize. Recently, I began volunteering at Hytyme Equine Rescue in Eagle Creek, Oregon. They currently have over 60 horses and are in the process of rehabilitating them through healthcare, and training in hopes that they will be adopted into their forever homes. They also work on educating the public about horse slaughter, the dangers of overbreeding and proper care for the newly adopted equine. I have begun helping them with grant writing. I am new to this and am currently taking a grant writing class through the local community college. I am really enjoying the process of learning how a horse rescue operates and having the opportunity to learn natural horsemanship through some great trainers. I recently injured my knee and haven't been able to ride as much. I think by next week I should be able to get back on Jack. I hope you all are well and enjoying horsey times. 

2 comments:

Chris S said...

how would I go about getting a grant for a horse rescue business in salem/kiezer Oregon. Is it better to obtain a business liscense first and then apply for a grant or apply for a grant and start the business as part of the grant process?

gina said...

I also work for a non-profit and grant writing is a real skill to have. I kind of wish there was a similar class offered at our local college.