Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh Humidity


Dehydrated and half-asleep I found my way out into the hot wind looking for Thrifty Rental Car. It finally clicked, this is what HUMIDITY feels like. It would be another 4 hours until I reached my destintion of Buchanan, Virginia in Botetourt County. The scenery was dreamy. Old barns and fields of tobacco, and country roads that wound through the Blue Ridge Mountains. I was staying at a Bed and Breakfast with two classmates, just outside of Buchanan. The proprietor, John Shotwell is a true southern gentleman. I felt as if I was staying with my grandfather. I was truly in love with the landscape. Yet this was not the time I would get to experience it. I was here for the horses, for the love of horses, and the hours of study it would take to memorize their anatomy...in latin.

No comments: