Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Looking for a horse to ride


I have been working hard at organizing my marketing materials for my equine massage business. I think I am finally ready! Although I am now once again without horse. I was leasing a great guy to get me back into riding again, but he has decided that his job is retirement. I have been taking lessons this past month on a wonderful horse with such a bigger engine. Working on the basics and developing my seat. Wish I had been leasing him these past few months, as I have learned so much. Sadly, he is not for lease so I must wait to see if there is someone else I might ride. I am determined to continue, although financially it might not make sense. When have horses ever made sense financially? The fall here in Portland is beautiful, yet getting cold. I hope everyone is enjoying the fall wherever they may be. If anyone in the Oregon area knows of any riding opportunities please let me know. I am willing to trade work/massage for lessons. 


3 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Hi there,
You came by to visit me and here I am... to see you!
You should come to my stable and ride with me sometime.
Pantz, is in her recovery from a difficult summer/on the gain of the weight she lost..so I am only riding her once a week...she is a love and nothing like what you've ridden probably. She is a 20 year old Reg Appy. 15 hands and full of fire. Nice trail horse and she actually did get better at dressage while my friend Nora leased her and took leesons at the stable. Nora's leased mare was lame all summer, so Pantz got too good a work out for her calories...+ I had a togetherness issue with the mares being together and eating that way ...my mare got more and Pantz missed out taking her time.
Hense,I am hand grazing her tons and feeding an easy to digest Senior feed and also not riding her much.

If you ever want to come on out...
and ride Pantz, you are invited to.
+ There is a lovely horse that is scheduled to go home to be out to pasture soon...His name is Cougar..his owner moved to NY and her leaser did not follow through.
So she can't afford to keep him at our barn anymore without someone leasing him.

Well,sometime you can come on out and we'll meet.
My Equine theripist Miriah is on my blog..did you see that post? Maybe it is how you found ,my horsey blog!
Talk later,
Kacy
AHS

allhorsestuff said...

Adrienne,
I may have a hoirse for you to sponsor...if you deem you are in the market.
I am in contact witt hi owner that recently moved to NY area where her man is a professor now in a college.
She has lamented over her horse's care and had a lease that fell through-last minute.

Her name is Carrie Rothburd-
1-860-480-9102

Her gelding, Cougar, is a wonderful buckskin Thoroughbred/ Conamera cross that the trainer at our barn owned and sold to her. You could take lessons from her if you liked as well, as she is there at our barn.
I know what you mean about the lack of direction without instruction-hands on like. I am not very diciplined to keep a plan sometimes, when left to myself.

photogchic said...

Hey...just read your post. I am at the same barn Kacy is at. There are lots of horses out at Templeton..you should talk to Michelle Merkin our trainer...she could match you with a good horse to ride as long as you take a lesson a week. Cougar unfortunately got moved this week...he was awesome...I used to ride him. Keep us posted...glad to see you back blogging...will get you back on the blogroll:-) Email photogchic@hotmail.com if you have any ?'s--I have friends in Wilsonville, Estacada, and Sherwood that might be able to let you ride if that is closer.