Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

It has been awhile since I last wrote. Working hard on my externship for EBW certification. This work is so incredible to me. After each horse I learn something new as well as crave learning more so I can aid in their healing and overall health. I continue to purchase books through Amazon, yet I must stop, I have to admit I feel like a junkie. How many equine anatomy books does one need? I have come across one that is a tremendous help that I would recommend to any horse lover, Horse Conformation, structure, soundness, and performance by Equine Research. Oh, and of course The Horse's Pain-free Back and Saddle-Fit book.

The other wonderful thing about this type of work is all of the amazing little communities I get to see outside of Portland. The past week here has been so beautiful. The rain has stayed away for now and the blue sky mixes brilliantly with the fall leaves. Oh how I wish I had a horse for trail rides!!!

One of my best experiences so far was meeting Kirsten from West Linn. She had read my blog, we had several phone conversations and then I was working on her wonderful horse Dez. How amazing is that! I also was fortunate to meet her friend Ann, and work on her horse Nikkers. I am hoping after I get my certification at the beginning of the year to go back out and do a demo for the 4H-club.

Hopefully on my next few massage outings I can have someone along to take pictures.

This past weekend I enjoyed the Mt. Hood wilderness by mushroom hunting with a few friends. We found a bounty of yummy chantrelles. If anyone has ever done this you know how fun yet compulsive this can be. Once you find one you can't stop looking. And today I went back along the beautiful Clackamas river to Austin Hot Springs. The water is extremely hot, nearly boiling so you have to mix it with a bit of the river water, I wouldn't say it was all the way relaxing, but a beautiful excuse to drive into the countryside.

1 comment:

photogchic said...

Thanks for stopping by Equine Mine and a fellow Portlander as well:-) Great to meet you. I will backtrack through your blog and catch up and put a link from mine. Looking forward to becoming blogger buds and who knows...maybe you will work on some horses out at Templeton Equestrian Center.