Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Wrestling with the season of change


Was summer mearly a dream? This week the rain returned. I really enjoy cold rainy days, sometimes. I think if I lived in the country, with a pasture full of horses and a giant stone fireplace I could handle the forthcoming months. I have had to temporarily give up my riding lessons. I had been taking 2 lessons a week for 7 months. This was the most I had progressed in riding and now, I wonder what it will be like when I return. I already miss the faces of Robbie and Chase.

This season always slows down in terms of business and therefore money. The extra $300 a month + I usually set aside for horses will now go to my car fund. I believe I have gotten over the initial depression of that and moved on to what I really need to concentrate on. I need to be diligent and study hard to complete my externship. I have 5 months. I will not let this car obstacle get me down. It seems to be the only thing standing in my way. If only we still used horses as our main transportation.

No comments: