Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Perfect Fall Morning


What a beautiful fall morning. I headed out to Sauvie Island to Kristina's farm. The island is amazingly beautiful and so close to the city. This is the busy season for the farm residents on the island as Halloween approaches. There are various places to visit pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and pick dahlias.
I began my first massage with a sweet little chestnut mare, a Quarter horse-Arab named Cinnamon. She definitely needs some work. I got good responses from her and hopefully relieved a few sore spots surrounding her shoulder, back, and hip. Her eyes would soften and she licked and chewed a bit. There were a few exhales and several stretches with her mouth, big yawns. It felt amazing to give her some much needed release. We worked in the round pen with Kris, then I worked alone awhile, relaxing and taking in the experience. Many flocks of birds flew over, especially Canadian Geese. A few of her other horses and foals were wandering in the pasture, finally coming over to check it all out. I made plans to come back and work on her 3 year old Thouroughbred. This work is so rewarding and I can't wait to learn more.

A perfect fall morning.

No comments: